Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Why is Tasha Making Me Look Bad?

Don't you just hate those people who make you look bad without even trying? They are just going on about their lives, being inspired, but it only makes you take a good, long look at yourself. It makes you reflective and ask the questions--"What am I doing? What have I been doing with my own life?" After the reflection comes a bit of annoyance. You're now asking yourself: "Why is Tasha making me look bad?" Tasha is no one in particular or maybe she is. Maybe she represents all those people who are inadventently making you look bad by being so clever and witty and inventive and creative in their own lives while you are doing gawd-knows-what with your own. Well, newsflash--Tasha, take it some place else!

When that day comes when you're not looking so good, here's hoping someone doesn't come along and rub it in your face!

Disclaimer: This is all in good fun. I was inspired to be a bit naughty. I have no beefs or grips with anyone, least of all Tasha (whoever she is--wink, wink).

8 comments:

Watcha You Thinkin About said...

I guess the point of it all is that at the end of the day you have to ask yourself that one very simple annoying question, "Why do I need some to push me into see what is wright in front of my face, when I already know the answer??" The answer is very simple because those people that are in your life the "Tasha's" of the world make you follow what you already know and see. They push you past the limitations that you have set for yourself, because they know that there is more to you then what you think there is. So I say Damn to those "Tasha's" of the world why can't you just let us be. We know what we have to do, and we know how to get there, but maybe we just don't have the time in the present moment to do it right away. But then again we also have to thank you "Tasha's" of the world because without you I guess we would be regular people instead of the witty creativity types that we are so meant to be.

tsc0809 said...

Very good points and I completely agree. It's really all there is to it. I know what I want to do and have to do, but sometimes it's overwhelming and I'm trying to spread myself thin, in many directions, trying to accomplish it all. And yes, though, we do have to thank the Tashas of the world because sometimes they help us to regain some much needed focus and perspective and inspire us!

Watcha You Thinkin About said...

I have to agree, Sometimes we just need a little push in the right direction so that we can continue on or even start a new path. Life is to short to wait for things to happen, if the "Tasha's" of the world are what is needed grab on because I don't think they will ever let you fall. :)

tsc0809 said...

No, they won't let you fall. I think they enjoy the ride with us much too much to allow that to happen. There's a reason we have the Tashas and there's a reason we are who we are. Harmony is the co-existence of the two with a set goal in mind.

Watcha You Thinkin About said...

That is so very true, basically the "Tasha's" of the world or learning while guiding each other. They both feed off each other so that when it is time to step back both can share that knowledge with others. Very eyeing opening if you will because they always say "People come into your life for a reason" And the Tasha's of the world come in help guide, learn something themselves, and move on to share with others.

tsc0809 said...

Ya know, what's even more interesting--when we inspire the Tashas, when they become one of us. It happens sometimes. We pull something out of them. Maybe that's why they latch on to us, for their own personal inspiration. Who know!

tsc0809 said...

Check out my friend's piggyback blog post to this post: http://watchathinkinabout.blogspot.com/2009/12/why-do-we-need-ts-of-world.html

Watcha You Thinkin About said...

To answe the "Who knew" I would have to say the T's of the world. :)

Curious Case of Indie Publishing in the Next Five Years

When I first started publishing back in 2008, there were few options for indies. I did all the research. Well, let me back up a bit. Before ...